Welcome to the Lemelson Center's website!
Here are a few tips for moving around.
Click any of the big topics in the black bar at the bottom of the page (or the MENU icon on mobile devices) to get started:
- EXPLORE takes you to stories about historical and contemporary inventors and their work—some familiar, some surprising. Be sure to check out our blog for viewpoints from our team.
- STUDY offers resources for those researching the history of invention, from archival collections at the Smithsonian and beyond to books published by the Lemelson Center and fellowship and internship opportunities with us.
- TRY opens the door to unleashing your own creativity. Learn about Spark!Lab, our hands-on invention center, and test out some of our activities at home.
- ABOUT fills you in on the mission of the Lemelson Center, our team, news, events, exhibitions, and our founders, Jerome and Dorothy Lemelson.
- MULTIMEDIA holds all of our audio and video content, as well as selected gems about invention and innovation from around the web.
Looking for something specific? Use these shortcuts at the bottom of the page:
Click the magnifying glass and enter a search term.
Or click the tags button to find everything on a particular subject.
Not sure what you want to see?
Click the question mark to be whisked away to a surprise location on the site! It's a fun way to dip into our content.
Clicking our name in the black bar at the top of the page will take you back to the homepage.
Scroll down to see our Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook feeds, or click the plus sign to go directly to Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr.
You can leave comments on any of the stories you read across the site or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting!