Provincial Archives of Alberta
8555 Roper Road
Curtis Hoover founded numerous companies specializing in oilfield engineering. Incorporations and name changes are as follows: the Hoover Machine Company Ltd. was incorporated on Feb 10, 1940; on Jan 10, 1952, Curtis Hoover Ltd. was incorporated; on August 13, 1953, Redfern Drilling Industry changed to Curtis Hoover Ltd. On December 31, 1957, Hoover Tool Joint Service Ltd. was incorporated; on June 16, 1959, Hoover Ultrasonic Inspection Ltd. was incorporated; on October 9, 1959, Curtis Hoover (B.C.) Ltd. was incorporated; on February 12, 1970, Hoover Industrial Services Ltd. was incorporated; on October 15, 1973, Curtis Hoover Industries Ltd. was incorporated; on October 30, 1981, Curtis Hoover Ltd., Curtis Hoover (B.C) Ltd. and Hoover Joint Tool Service Ltd. amalgamated under the name Curtis Hoover Ltd; on April 5, 1983, Curtis Hoover Products Ltd. was incorporated; on April 5, 1983, Curtis Hoover Pumping System was incorporated; on March 19, 1985, Hoover Ultrasonic Inspection Ltd. changed to Curtis Hoover Forged Products; on November 19, 1985, Curtis Hoover Forged Products changed to Hoover Ultrasonic Inspection; on February 25, 1997, Curtis Hoover Ltd. changed to Hoover Industries Ltd.