Frequently Asked Questions
When and where is Military Invention Day held?
- In 2019, this special program will be held on Saturday, May 18 at the National Museum of American History. Displays and stage programming will be in the 1stFloor, West Wing (the “Innovation Wing").
What is Military Invention Day?
- A showcase, a celebration, and an educational program. Museum visitors interact with scientists, engineers, and other military personnel; see new technologies firsthand that will impact warfighting and civilian life in the future; and get inspired to pursue STEM careers.
- The day features 30+ displays and hands-on activities, and talks and demonstrations on stage.
How can I participate?
- To host a display, work with your R&D leadership, or contact Arthur Daemmrich, Director, Lemelson Center for the Study of Invention and Innovation, email@example.com
What does it cost to attend?
- For display organizations, there is no fee to participate, but you are solely responsible for bringing your display to the museum and staffing it for the day.
- For the public, the event is free and open to all. Come to the National Museum of American History on May 18!
Are there sponsorship opportunities?
- Yes! Contact Arthur Daemmrich, Director, Lemelson Center for the Study of Invention and Innovation, firstname.lastname@example.org