Minnesota Historical Society
345 W. Kellogg Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55102-1906
64.1 cu. ft. (59 boxes and 1 oversize folder, unboxed).
Subject files, financial and accounting volumes, minutes, unpublished annual reports, correspondence, patent files, trademark files, company printeds, photographs, scrapbooks, and motion pictures and audio tapes relating to the Peavey Company, a family-held, Minneapolis-based grain merchandising and processing firm. F.H. Peavey & Company was established at Sioux City, Iowa, in 1874 by Frank H. Peavey; Minneapolis became headquarters of the firm in 1884. The name of the business was changed to Peavey Company in 1962. The firm went public in 1973 and, in 1982, was acquired by ConAgra, Inc. The records document the growth and development of Peavey's system of line and terminal elevators; its flour and feed milling operations; the acquisition and operation of country elevators in the midwest; and its diversification into food processing and specialty retailing operations. There are records relating to the predecessor firm of F.H. Peavey & Company, and to more than 100 related and subsidiary companies. There is also biographical information about various members of the Peavey and Heffelfinger families.